Before & After Care
Before Your Spray Tan
- Wax or shave to remove all unwanted body hair.
- Exfoliate your entire body, using an oil-free exfoliate.
- Shower, but do not apply moisturizer afterwards, unless you have especially dry skin.
- Wear a hair-tie or bobby pins to pin hair away from face.
- Apply lip balm.
- Remove any makeup/deodorant.
- Bring black cotton underwear or bathing suit bottom.
- Remove contacts, jewelry, clothing and shoes.
After Your Spray Tan
- Immediately following your spray tan, you will be dried with warm air, so no sticky or stinky feeling! You’re free to put on some makeup, and go straight to work, or out for the night. We do!
- Within the first 8 hours of your spray tan, avoid any activity that would cause sweating: exercise, cleaning or showering. Avoid swimming or soaking in steam rooms, saunas and hot tubs as your tan is still developing at this time.
- After 8 hours, shower with only water on any areas that have been sprayed. During the first shower, you will see the cosmetic bronzer wash away from your skin; this is normal and only the bronzer is being rinsed away (the instant tan you see after your spray tan; DHA is the colorless ingredient that causes your true tan to develop.)
- Wash with a mild, moisturizing shower gel, but do not exfoliate.
- While you are drying, remember to pat, not rub your skin dry.
- Apply a moisturizer with sunscreen in the morning, and a tan extending lotion at night.
Extending the Life of Your Spray Tan
- The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin.
- Moisturize twice a day.
- If at all possible, you should try to avoid contact with chlorine or excessive sweating inside closed-toe shoes, as both can lead to premature fading of a spray tan.
- If you notice uneven or premature fading of your spray tan, you can always correct this by touching up your spray tan with a cosmetic bronzer spray tanning product.
- The following products have been shown to reduce the number of days that a spray tan will remain on your skin, so try to find alternatives or simply avoid using these products until just before your next spray tanning session:
Biore Pore Strips
Anti-aging or anti-acne products
Hair removal creams
Shaving and waxing
Other Important Notes:
If you are planning to get a manicure/pedicure, please schedule your nail appointment BEFORE your spray tan, as exfoliation during the process will shorten the life of your tan.
We highly recommend investing in a natural, paraben-free tan extending lotion containing SPF. If you are interested in this product, we will bring the tan extender for you at your next appointment. More information may be found here:
Click here to support local business with 86 Soleil Organic Spray Tanning by shopping online for paraben-free, Swiss grade cosmetics, baby care, skin care for all ages and types and vegan protein shakes that are gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free, as well as artificial-sweetener free!
We appreciate your business and look forward to your next appointment. To schedule an appointment please write email@example.com or call 919 208 3821. Your call/email will be answered promptly.